Yes I would like that very much! As someone who finds it very easy to get lost, hearing about a Travel app which prevents frayed tempers and unnecessary blisters, piqued my interest
We planned to do a self-guided walking tour when in Chiang Mai, so downloaded the Travel App. All I can say is we thanked our lucky stars we did, it honestly made sightseeing so much simpler. Now we want the same for you!
We have teamed up with GPSmyCity, to offer you our 10-10-10 giveaway.
From 10 August for 10 days, 10 lucky winners will win a FREE 1-year subscription to the GPSmyCity App worth $18,99. (This offer is now CLOSED, but please continue to read the benefits of using this App!)
So, who wants this FREE Travel App for their next trip? The catch? There is none!
If you travel and have an Apple iOS or Android phone, you can use GPSmyCity App. But first, let us tell you why this is a revolutionary way of exploring a city.
Then I would have to try and find these places, let’s just say I am not good at reading a map! Sometimes half my battle would be deciding which way around to hold the darn thing!
This is where the GPSmyCity App has changed the way we travel. Using just our mobile phones, we had everything to hand when we needed it. Oh don’t you just love modern technology, and how easy it has made travelling!
This App is revolutionary, because it has done all the hard work and research for you. But how?
What is the GPSmyCity App?
GPSmyCity is a travel guide app which turns points of interest into a self-guided walking tour for you to easily follow.
Once you have downloaded the App to your mobile/cell phone, you will have your own personal tour guide, can walk at your own pace, and you will have a wealth of information at your fingertips.
We discovered places we never would have thought of, and definitely wouldn’t have found on our own. Cat Café in Penang? A beach in the centre of Nottingham? Street Art in Singapore?
What are the walking tours?
You can create your own walking tours using the GPSmyCity App which has articles detailing sightseeing, shopping and attractions to name a few. There are a huge variety to choose from.
Walk with confidence from A to B to C, with the GPS route mapped out for you. How lovely is that? It made our lives easier put it that way!
Full disclaimer: You can use the app and read articles for free, but this doesn’t include downloading the article for offline use, GPS maps or walking tours. To use it to its full potential, you need to upgrade – but it is worth it!!
You can pay $1.99 per article downloaded however, if you travel a lot, this will quickly add up. This is where the subscription is helpful, and will save you money in the long run.
Instead of paying for each article, upgrade to the annual subscription and get a whole year’s unlimited access.
What are the benefits to me using this particular App?
- GPSmyCity uses real people’s ideas and suggestions for Cities all around the world. All the hard work is done for you, so all you have to do is choose what you would like to do.
- Every article within the App has a map to pin point your desired destination. No more searching for an address, or walking up and down random streets ever again. Oh just think of the blisters you will save on your feet.
- Never feel rushed on a walking tour again! You plan your own walking tour in the App, so you can take things at your own pace. We have been on many tours where we felt rushed, mainly because we were at the back taking photos and making notes!
- GPSmyCity App has thousands of articles across over 1000 cities. Whichever City you are visiting, there is bound to be an article and tour just for you.
- You will save money on City tours, because you will have your own personal guide in your pocket.
No you don’t need data or access to the internet for it to work.
To download articles, yes you will need internet which you can do at any hotel or restaurant. When you have access to the internet, download the articles and map in the app. Once downloaded, you will have access to all the information when you are out and about, no internet required!
How do I use GPSmyCity?
Here is a step-by-step guide.
1. Search for a City of interest, for example Bristol.
2. A list of articles will appear providing information about what you can see, where to eat, points of interest etc.
3. Click on the article that is of interest to you. When reading the article, after each point of interest, you will see a “Go There” button.
5. You now have the map marked with your point of interest and navigation options, and can see exactly where the attraction is on a map. You also have route planning options from your current location.
6. If there are several points of interest within the article, GPSmyCity will allow you to plan a walking route between them.
There are a couple of negatives which I would like to disclose.
- The app doesn’t work on an island, but the clue is in the name. It’s not called GPSMyIsland App! We lived on Gili Air, Indonesia where it didn’t work, however we had to do a lot of visa runs. When we visited places like Singapore, Chiang Mai or Penang, then we could use the app.
- Although you don’t need internet to use the app with downloaded articles and maps, you do need internet to begin with to download the required articles and GPS Maps you choose for your City. Generally, it’s not an issue and is easily fixed by finding somewhere with wi-fi.
1. Like our Facebook Page.
2. In the comment section below, tell us which City you are going to next, and why you feel the app will benefit you.
The 10 day giveaway CLOSES 20 AUGUST midnight (UK time). Winners will be informed daily.
Feet Do Travel articles you can find on GPSmyCity
My London Bucket List
The Historic City of Nottingham
A Quirky Afternoon in Bristol
7 Things To Do In Amsterdam (Instead of Red Lights and Coffee Shops)
Penang: City of Surprises
Why You Should Visit Chiang Rai
Temple Tour Chiang Mai
My Chiang Mai
4 Days in Hong Kong
2 Days in Shanghai
2 Days in Chengdu
Disclaimer: If you click on one of Feet Do Travel’s articles and wish to download, we will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.