For people seeking adventure during their free time, geocaching provides a modern twist to treasure hunting. Aside from that, geocaching is an environmentally friendly activity everyone can take advantage of.
Dresden in Germany is a historical place with stunning architecture. The best way to discover its secrets is to see it slowly, which makes geocaching the ideal hobby. You can learn more about the City via caches hidden around the city.
Feet Do Travel share more about geocaching in Dresden, Germany, and why it can be more than just a hobby!
Treasure hunting is a fun activity for both children and adults. Kids love exploring and 'searching for treasures', and adults enjoy the competitive spirt when they participate in a group of friends or other family members.
Geocaching is an innovative form of traditional treasure hunting. It’s a modern activity which consists of finding 'cache' (hidden provisions) scattered around the 'geo' or Earth. These caches are stored in a device or computer.
● Hunt starts when other geocachers hide an item and log GPS coordinates to the website (geocaching.com).
● There are over 100k caches worldwide.
● Cache (treasures) are ranked from one 1-5 varying on skill level. One is easy, and five requires physical stamina as you'll be climbing and checking for treasures around.
● Once you've found the cache, log your handle to the logbook cache and return for others to search.
Geocaching replicates a treasure hunt without the pirates and treasure chest. You will have your unique handle (name) as your code when searching for treasures (cache). It's a hobby with a twist, and although not everyone plays or is aware of the activity, once you find other geocachers to share the experience with, you will have a whole new circle of friends!
If you live in Germany, you should explore it with Cityhunters Geocaching Dresden as they offer fun, interactive activities using modern devices for your outdoor adventure.
If you live in Dresden, geocaching is a must-try. It’s a fun hobby which you can do alone, with a colleague, your family, groups of friends, and if you have children, get them involved. There are hidden virtual treasures across the city which add an element of fun to the beautiful landscape and architecture.
Geocaching is more than a traditional hobby. You can benefit from it physically, emotionally, improve social engagements, and educate geocachers about the place. It's an all-in-one adventure you shouldn't miss.
● It leverages group cohesion, communication, and cooperation.
● Geocaching can improve your physical stamina, and is ideal for people with a sedentary lifestyle.
● You can be as social as you want to be, and choose to interact with fellow geocachers
● It boosts socialisation skills, which is beneficial to your mental and emotional health.
● There is a feeling of belonging to something unique and special.
If you are looking for a unique hobby, geocaching is an excellent option. It allows you to rediscover the place in which you live, or see a new area with a different perspective
Geocaching is a modern pastime that requires dedication and motivates you to improve. With a massive number of virtual treasures hidden across the globe, start with your hometown; rediscover it, then share it with others.
Want to see more of Europe? These articles can help!
Alternative Cities to Visit in Europe
7 Must-See Sights in Europe
Planning a Decadent Trip to Switzerland
Marbella, Spain on a Budget
Why You Should Visit Georgia
6 Best Places to Visit in Greece
Auschwitz - We Must Never Forget
6 Reasons Why You Should Visit Croatia