- Do Some Online Research into Cambodia’s History – Both recent and ancient history holds a lot for the visitor, and by learning about the Khmer culture, as well as the Pol Pot regime in the 1970s, you will have a much better understanding of the people.
- Angkor Wat – This truly is one of the wonders of the world and it is best experienced after learning a little about its history. Booking your holiday with the right tour operator will certainly help, as they can help you to plan your visit to what is the largest religious complex ever built. Most tourists spend at least 3-4 days visiting the many parts of this magical creation, and Angkor Wat is best enjoyed in the company of an experienced local guide, who comes with the package when you book an exclusive luxury tour of Cambodia. Check out the Cambodia tours and vacation packages that the online tour operator has to offer, and you can plan the perfect holiday.
- Cambodian Beaches – Part of your holiday should be spent at Sihanoukville, a nice coastal town that offers miles and miles of unspoilt beaches. There are many tiny islands to explore, and by booking with a good tour operator, they can include some visits to spectacular islands just off the coast. The town is usually filled with tourists, but there are resorts all along the coastline, and with a local guide, you won’t get lost or waste valuable time looking for the best spots.
- Cambodian Tuk Tuks – It isn’t only Thailand that uses these amazing three wheeled vehicles, and the locals always use tuk tuks when they want to go to the market. Buses are ideal for longer distances, and either way, be prepared for a rather bumpy ride, as the roads do leave a lot to be desired.
- Booking your Holiday – English is not generally spoken in Cambodia, so you are advised to enlist the services of an established local tour operator. This will allow you to plan your holiday down to the last detail, and once the tour company knows your preferences, they can make some suggestions on places to include in your schedule. You can have a local guide with you at all times, who can explain the history and also advise you on places of interest to see, and the tour operator knows all the best hotels and resorts.
Travelling to Cambodia offers a unique experience that is best enjoyed with the help of an established tour provider who will be with you every step of the way, and can help plan the perfect holiday.
Disclaimer: This article is published in partnership with Mediabuzzer.