If you are a travel agent or manage a travel agency, you should never overlook this trend. As they say, grab the iron while it’s hot. The year 2022 is a time for revitalising your marketing strategies and increasing customer engagement.
As local and international travel is beginning to return to normal, your business must be visible online to make a difference. Feet Do Travel have 5 marketing tactics for travel agencies to inspire you.
Whether your audience is looking for holiday/vacation travel or business travel information, you must provide relevant and reliable information. One strategy that has never lost its luster is sending email newsletters to your audience.
Entrepreneur reveals that even marketers new to using email for their campaigns can dive right in. They can start a newsletter this year and see outstanding returns. If you choose to send your travel newsletter monthly, make sure you include trending topics such as the following:
- Latest travel restrictions and rules for local and international travel
- The hottest luxury and budget-friendly destinations
- Travel hacks for a safe journey this 2022
- Fun travel facts about a destination or country
- The best places to eat, to visit, for pets, for kids, etc.
- Things to do in a destination or country
Your newsletter topics should also be published on your blog or social media sites. This creates uniformity, improves trust in your brand, and helps your customers find you online.
More and more people rely on social media for relevant information. Top social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and Twitter allow their users to communicate, provide entertainment, and check out the latest information.
Use this opportunity to position your travel agency business and boost your brand. Create a business social media page. Use social media platform features such as user demographics to enhance audience targeting.
Social media marketing strategies change from time to time depending on what is trending and what is not. Here are some top travel agency social media marketing trends to try:
- Use a storytelling strategy.
- Create short but meaningful travel videos.
- Be seen on TikTok.
- Seek the help of micro-influencers for local travel.
- Review your social media analytics—engagement rate, reach, rating, and reviews.
Budget travellers always look for discounts. They want promo airline prices, budget accommodation, free stuff—you name it. Offer promos and discounts to target this type of traveller.
You can reach out to "budgetarians" through social media, blogs, or your travel agency website. Use the following strategies to make your discount offer or promotional strategies stand out:
- Use at least two or three visible call-to-action statements for all your content.
- A referral program can double your marketing efforts.
- Send gift cards to early birds.
- Start contests and quizzes about travel. Winners will receive a gift.
- Timing is crucial when it comes to offering promos and discounts. Take advantage of holidays and special occasions to promote your products.
The best travel and destination sites thrive on high-quality images and videos. Your audience will greatly appreciate images or videos of their destinations, accommodation, dining establishments, places to visit, etc. rather than read about them.
But you can't use stock images or borrow videos online for all of your content. Your audience and would-be customers will appreciate all-original content coming from you.
Be a local travel guide and take great shots of local travel destinations. Take photos of menu items found at a local restaurant or pub, maybe take a video of the sights and sounds of your city. There are so many unique things you can feature on your travel agency site:
- Instead of just photos and videos, use virtual reality to make your travel content stand out.
- Take advantage of Facebook Ads to increase audience reach and engagement.
- Build loyalty and a strong online reputation with user-generated content.
- Use hashtags to enhance user-generated content as you promote your services and products.
- Get the best results with influencer marketing.
- Promote user experience improvement by highlighting features (pet-friendly hotels, vegetarian or vegan options, wheelchair-accessible parking, etc.).
Traditional marketing is any kind of strategy not promoted online. It could be marketing in the form of print materials such as brochures, leaflets, maps, and pamphlets. This article from Digital Authority Partners is a must-read for any travel agency who don’t wish to neglect their traditional marketing strategy.
Traditional strategies could be commercials featured on television, on the radio, or in print media such as magazines and newspapers. Signage and billboards are also forms of traditional marketing.
Meanwhile, T-shirts, canvas tote bags, bumper stickers, pins, caps, mugs, and other wearable merchandise are also part of traditional marketing strategies. Consider these tips to boost your traditional marketing tactics:
- Add your social media page links to your traditional marketing so that your customers can find you.
- Make sure your contact information is correct before green-lighting any traditional marketing strategy.
- Match the traditional marketing strategy with your kind of audience. For example, conventions and tradeshow marketing materials are different from commercials, signage, and other forms of traditional marketing.
- Traditional marketing strategies change, so take time to review your efforts.
- When using merchandise or souvenir marketing items, save money by ordering your marketing materials in bulk or wholesale.
Whether you cater to leisure travellers or business travellers, you must offer the best information that your audience can find online. Travellers rely more than ever on experts who can guide them as they visit different destinations. With your quality content and user-centric strategies, you will get more engagement and increase your revenue in no time.